Coop, Cloud Data Engineer
Coop is boldly going where no one has gone before by creating a new standard in the industry as a whole. Together with a fantastic and highly skilled team they are on a journey to innovate new ways of interacting with customers and finding ways of helping them with the constant puzzle that is life.
Coop is now expanding their AI team with Data engineers to help build a state-of-the-art data platform on the cloud to make Coop a truly data driven company. Their motto is “Relevance in every touchpoint”! The understanding of the customers needs and behaviours will fuel the innovation process to become more personalised and efficient.
Are you a data engineer passionate in finding and creating new solutions in the food experience arena? Then this exciting job-opportunity might be something for you.
About the role
The goal is to build up a state-of-the-art data platform on the cloud. The platform will empower both our data scientists to develop new AI/ML models as well as democratize data to the analysts and business users throughout the organization.
What you will do:
- Build real-time and batch pipelines using various data sources e.g. Kafka, APIs, Data Warehouse etc.
- Structure data according to medallion architecture (Bronze->Silver->Gold)
- Democratize data for different users in the organization
- Configure tools and help improving our MLOps
The team will work with data from both digital and physical touchpoints to find and identify complex patterns and relationships in large data sets. You will build real time pipelines from Kafka to the data platform. By structuring the data in layers from raw to curated you will democratize the data for different users in the organization.
You will also help our data scientists to configure the tools that operationalize our ML models and improve our MLOps.
Skills & Requirements
We believe that you:
- Are familiar with Spark and other big data frameworks
- Have experience working with data pipelines in cloud environments, preferably in Azure and Databricks
- Have experience in programming (SQL, Java, Scala and/or Python)
- Have experience in working with DevOps
- Are familiar with Kafka, and the principles and concepts of event-driven architecture and streaming data
- Have worked with data lake and the concept of save data in raw immutable form
- Familiar with Kubernetes and software development best practices
Who are you?
To succeed in this role, we believe you have a great passion for getting value from data and love to work with technologies that make it possible to create completely new data driven solutions. You have significant experience as a Data Engineer where you have worked with many different types of problems and solutions.
We also believe that you are a great team player. As a person, you are curious, results-oriented, and analytical with good problem-solving ability.
The journey you are about to join will offer you a combination of an entrepreneurial environment with a focus on sustainability and the opportunity to work with latest digital technologies in AI and machine learning to create better services for all of us - whether it is to put tasty food on the table or make sure the toilet paper does not run low.
You will be part of a fun team with high ambitions in creating change and making an impact in the digital space as well as creating new solutions for the members at Coop.
Coop HQ is located in Solna Business Park, about 10 minutes from the city center. It is a spacious office with a green slide leading you down to the restaurant - because great environmentally friendly food is what it’s all about in the end.